These Red Lobster Brussel Sprouts are crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, and have a delicious buttery flavor. They are super easy to prepare with only a few ingredients and make a great veggie side for any meal!
If you’re looking for an easy-to-make healthy side dish, look no further cause this is it! While brussels sprouts are not the most popular vegetable out there, this crispy brussel sprouts recipe is the perfect way to introduce them into your weekly lunches or dinners.
If you need some ideas for a quick and effortless dinner entree, we've got you covered. Our honey walnut shrimp, truffle honey chicken, and blackened salmon bites are terrific options. Or, for the full Red Lobster experience, you can make this Red Lobster shrimp scampi, or Red Lobster stuffed mushrooms!
Table of Contents
Why You'll Love This Recipe
The brussels are delicious. The outside gets flakey and crispy, and the inside is soft and tender. Not to mention, they're coated in a delicious browned butter to enhance all of the flavors.
It's easy. The only active part of this recipe is making the sauce. The rest is hands-off cooking!
Restaurant-quality. These really taste like something you'd get served at a high-end restaurant. Even the pickiest of eaters will be grabbing more!
- Brussel sprouts- trim them before starting this recipe.
- Olive Oil- for cooking.
- Salt and pepper- for a simple seasoning,
- Butter- for the best texture and flavor.
- Crispy fried onions- an optional garnish the restaurant uses.
By the way, if you have extra brussels after making this recipe, you have to try making these Longhorn brussel sprouts next!
How To Make Red Lobsters Brussel Sprouts
1. Prepare the brussels. First things first, preheat the oven to 400ºF (200°C). Next, trim the brussel sprouts and remove the hard outer leaves from them. Then them to a bowl and coat them with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Make sure you cover every brussels sprout with olive oil. Doing so will ensure they crisp up nicely in the oven.
2. Bake. Next, transfer the prepared brussels sprouts onto a baking sheet. Bake for about 30 minutes or until some of the leaves get browned or blackened, and the sprouts are soft and fork-tender.
3. Make the butter. While they're baking, you can brown the butter. Place the butter in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat, constantly stirring with a wooden spoon so it doesn't burn. As soon as the butter starts getting brown and has a nutty smell, remove it from the heat. You don't want to keep it on the heat longer than this, or the butter will burn too much.
4. Serve. After the sprouts are cooked to perfection, remove them from the oven. Transfer to a bowl and drizzle them with the browned butter. Give them a little mix, serve warm, and enjoy!
Storage and Reheating Instructions
Let any leftovers you have cool completely, and then transfer to an airtight container and keep in the fridge for about 4 days. To keep for longer, transfer to a freezer-safe container or bag and freeze for up to a year.
My favorite way to reheat them is to warm them in the oven at 350°F for about 5 minutes. If you're reheating frozen leftovers, add about 15 more minutes.
More Copycat Recipes
- Texas Roadhouse herb crusted chicken
- Panda Express beijing beef
- Panera Bread sierra turkey sandwich
- Olive Garden chicken parmigiana
- Cheesecake Factory four cheese pasta
- Cheesecake Facotry miso salmon
- 2 pounds of fresh Brussel Sprouts, trimmed
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 tbsps (¼ cup) Butter
- Crispy Fried Onions (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200ºC).
- Trim the brussel sprouts and remove the hard leaves.
- Transfer to a baking dish and cover with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until some leaves are browned/blackened and the brussel sprouts are soft.
- In the meantime, place the butter in a small saucepan and cook at medium. Remove it from the heat once it starts getting brown and has a nutty smell (do this quickly since it burns very fast).
- Once the brussel sprouts are baked, top with the butter and enjoy!
Serving Size:½ lb.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 260Total Fat: 19.3gSaturated Fat: 8.6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 139mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 8.5gSugar: 4.9gProtein: 7.9g